If you have the version 1.09-1.12 Magnum installed, update in the following way: If not, open instructions from here and start the software once before continuing.
- Make a backup copy of your Pointer folder (to the memory card or to PC). Make sure you have your registration code at hand. In case you do not take the backup and something goes wrongly, there is warn that all loaded maps and stored targets are lost.
- You can take the backup to your computer with PC-Suite program, by copying Magnum -folder from the memory card to computer or
- you can copy the Pointer -folder with new name to your memory card with phone's file browser. Use name e.g. PointerOld
- In addition, make sure that you have written down (in case you need them) following information:
- Registration code of your software
- Pointer Live -share names and passwords for your dogs and your own phone
- Remove Magnum installation from the phone (leave the Pointer -folder). Removing is done by pressing C-button on top of the starting icon of Pointer Magnum.
- Continue from Step 5, in case you are not updating the software in to Nokia 6110 or older phones. If you are updating the software to Nokia 6110 or older phone, please uninstall first the Pointer Magnum by Clicking C-button when the Pointer Magnum icon is selected and by answering Yes for questions about uninstallation.
- Read these instructions and after that browse your mobile to the download link and download the software. Please note that in the download page there are own download links for Nokia/Samsung and SonyEricsson phones.
- After you have downloaded the installation package, it is installed. When the software is asking the destination for the installation, please select Memory Card
- Close internet browser after you have installed the software
- With Nokia or Samsung S60 3rd phone, DO NOT START THE APPLICATION before you have successfully completed the chapter: Permission settings for Nokia, Samsung and other S60 3rd phones. With Sony Ericsson phone you can just start the software and when phone is asking permissions, answer Yes or Yes - Never ask